Ubuntu Cloud Live 11.10 is Available.

Posted by Robbie Williamson // October 14th, 2011 // Sticky Posts

Ubuntu Cloud Live

The much talked about Ubuntu Cloud Live 11.10 image given away at the OpenStack Essex Conference is now available for download at:

The image uses OpenStack Diablo, requires an x86_64 compatible desktop/laptop machine, and is approximately 560Mb in size. We recommend flashing to a 4GB USB drive (or larger) to allow for proper setup and use of the cloud.  Use the ‘dd’ command to copy the image over to your USB drive. For example, if your USB drive is connected to /dev/sdb, make sure the drive isn’t mounted, and then run `dd if=ubuntu-11.10-cloud-live-amd64.img of=/dev/sdb`. WARNING: THIS COMMAND WILL ERASE ALL DATA PREVIOUSLY STORED ON THE TARGET DEVICE. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT DEVICE WHEN FLASHING.

Once flashed, simply boot your laptop/desktop from the USB drive and follow the instructions displayed on the desktop.

12 Responses to “Ubuntu Cloud Live 11.10 is Available.”

1. kim0 says:

This is awesome! me doing a video asap :)

2. xaero says:

ERROR 404: Not Found

3. KL says:

The image is not available anymore. Can anyone provide another link? Thanks.

4. pnavarroperez says:

I think there is a typo in the post. The image can’t use Openstack Essex because is in development, then it uses Openstack Diablo release.

5. kim0 says:

The image was 404′ing on a certain mirror .. fixing that .. hang on please

6. kim0 says:

Should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing this out folks

7. ron taylor says:

problem after sign up for ubuntu 11.10 ?how do I sign in ?can wait forever with same screen. I wanted to try the cloud

8. Barry says:

I am having a few issues with this.
    The nova-setup.sh script errors with
    MigrateDepreciationWarning: Passing a column object after alter_column is depreciated. Just pass in keyword parameters instead.
    Also when trying to publish the image I get
    bad tarball: /srv/ttylinux-uec-amd64-12.1_2.6.35-22_1.tar.gz

Thanks

9. I implemented this from a USB drive. Very cool. Does not change your machine at all. It’s just to play with. Really wish it had the Dashboard implemented however. But very cool just the same.

I also got the problem described above with the nova-setup.sh but when I ran the command a second time it told me that the nova database was already created. I continued with the steps and everything worked nicely.

Looking forward to the vext version.